KANSAS CITY, Mo. – UMKC men’s basketball (10-12, 3-3) hosts CSU Bakersfield (13-7, 4-1) for a 7:05 p.m. CT tipoff Saturday evening at Municipal Auditorium. The Roos are coming off a thrilling 83-77 victory over Grand Canyon on Thursday. UMKC erased a 12-point halftime deficit and outscored the Lopes 53-35 during the second half. The Roos forced 22 turnovers in the contest.
All-Time Series: 2-4
In Kansas City: 1-2
In Bakersfield: 1-2
Neutral Site: 0-0
Live Stream: Roos TV
Radio: ESPN KC 99.3 FM
Live Stats: UMKCstats.com
Social Media: @UMKCmbb
· UMKC is 10-12 overall and 3-3 during WAC play following a thrilling 83-77 comeback victory over Grand Canyon Thursday. The Roos overcame a 12-point halftime deficit and outscored the Lopes 53-35 in the second half. UMKC forced 22 GCU turnovers, including 11 each half.
· Boyd is averaging 19.3 points, 4.4 rebounds and 3.4 assists per contest. He ranks 27th nationally in total points (424), 26th in made free throws (108), 39th in field goal attempts (305), 58th in 3-pointers (56) and 57th in points per game (19.3).
· Boyd was named WAC Player of the Week earlier this season following a career-high 32-point performance vs. UT Martin on Dec. 20. He has scored in double figures in 20 straight games and has registered at least 15 points in 18 of those contests.
· UMKC ranks 45th nationally in 3-pointers (190), 39th in shots attempted (522) from beyond the arc and 75th in 3-pointers per game (8.6).
· UMKC recorded a positive or equal assist-to-turnover ratio in each of the last six victories, including a season-best 18-to-9 total at Seattle U Jan. 12.
· The Roos set a season-high with 19 assists on 27 made field goals in the Jan. 7 win over UTRGV. Boyd led the way with six dimes.
· UMKC went 2-1 at the Bill Frack Tournament Nov. 19-21 hosted by Bowling Green, including a thrilling 71-69, final seconds victory over the host Falcons on Nov. 19 and an 85-74 triumph over perennial mid-major powerhouse Murray State on Nov. 20.
· The Roos are averaging 76.0 points per game, which is the fifth-best mark in program history and the highest scoring average since 1992-93. The 1990-91 team, led by 19.3 points per game by UMKC Hall of Famer Ronnie Schmitz, posted the best mark in school history with 81.1 points per game.
· Boyd averages 16.3 points, 3.8 rebounds and 2.7 assists in 53 career games (52 starts). He has drained 137 triples in that span, which ranks ninth in program history. He has scored 20-plus points 16 times and has reached double figures in scoring in 45 games during his 2-year career in Kansas City.
UMKC closes its 3-game home stand with the final nonconference matchup of the season vs. Ottawa (Kan.) on Tuesday at 6:35 p.m. CT in downtown Kansas City.
– UMKC –