SEATTLE, Wash. – UMKC men’s basketball (8-10, 1-1) continues Western Athletic Conference play with a road contest at Seattle U (8-8, 0-1) on Thursday evening. Tipoff is scheduled for 9 p.m. CT at KeyArena, former home the NBA’s Seattle SuperSonics. It can be viewed online via the WAC Digital Network.
All-Time Series: UMKC leads 4-3
In Seattle: 1-2
In Kansas City: 3-0
Neutral Site: 0-1
Live Stream: WAC Digital Network
Radio: ESPN KC 99.3 FM
Live Stats: UMKCstats.com
Social Media: @UMKCmbb
· UMKC is 8-10 overall and 1-1 in WAC play following an 83-79 victory over UT Rio Grande Valley on Saturday evening at Municipal Auditorium in downtown Kansas City.
· LaVell Boyd and Isaiah Ross led UMKC with 17 points and three triples each. Boyd added a career-high nine rebounds to go along with six assists. The Roos dished out a season-high 19 assists on 27 field goals.
· Boyd is averaging 19.2 points, 4.1 rebounds and 3.4 assists per contest. He ranks 20th nationally in total points (345), 22nd in field goal attempts (250), 31st in made free throws (84), 40th in 3-pointers (49) and 56th in points per game (19.2).
· Boyd was named WAC Player of the Week two weeks ago following a career-high 32-point performance vs. UT Martin on Dec. 20. He has scored in double figures in 17 straight games and has registered at least 15 points in 15 of those contests.
· UMKC ranks 21st nationally in 3-pointers (162), 25th in shots attempted (438) from beyond the arc and 56th in 3-pointers per game (9.0).
· UMKC recorded a positive or equal assist-to-turnover ratio in each of the last four victories over SEMO, South Dakota, William Jewell and UTRGV.
· The Roos set a season-high with 19 assists on 27 made field goals in Saturday's win over UTRGV. Boyd led the way with six dimes.
· UMKC went 2-1 at the Bill Frack Tournament Nov. 19-21 hosted by Bowling Green, including a thrilling 71-69, final seconds victory over the host Falcons on Nov. 19 and an 85-74 triumph over perennial mid-major powerhouse Murray State on Nov. 20.
· The Roos are averaging 75.4 points per game, which is the fifth-best mark in program history and the highest scoring average since 1992-93. The 1990-91 team, led by 19.3 points per game by UMKC Hall of Famer Ronnie Schmitz, posted the best mark in school history with 81.1 points per game.
· Boyd averages 16.0 points, 3.6 rebounds and 2.7 assists in 49 career games (48 starts). He has drained 130 triples in that span, which ranks 10th in program history. He has scored 20-plus points 14 times and has reached double figures in scoring in 41 games during his 2-year career in Kansas City.
UMKC continues its 3-game road swing with a Saturday matchup at Utah Valley. Tipoff is scheduled for 8 p.m. CT. The Roos will then have a week off before traveling to New Mexico State on Jan. 21 for an 8 p.m. CT start on ESPN3.
– UMKC –