KANSAS CITY, Mo. – UMKC men’s basketball (7-6) hosts UT Martin (9-4) for a 7:35 p.m. CT tipoff Tuesday evening at Municipal Auditorium in downtown Kansas City. Roos head coach Kareem Richardson is 2-0 against the Skyhawks and earned his first career head coaching victory at UTM on Nov. 20, 2013. UMKC defeated Martin 74-70 in the last meeting on Dec. 1, 2015.
All-Time Series: UMKC leads 2-0
In Kansas City: 1-0
In Martin: 1-0
Neutral Site: 0-0
Live Stream: Roos TV
Radio: ESPN KC 99.3 FM
Live Stats: UMKCstats.com
Social Media: @UMKCmbb
· UMKC is 7-6 overall and is coming off of a loss at No. 12 West Virginia on Saturday afternoon in Morgantown.
· LaVell Boyd led UMKC with a game-high 14 points against the Mountaineers. He finished 5-for-11 from the field and 3-for-8 from 3-point range. Freshmen Isaiah Ross and Xavier Bishop both added 12 points. Ross connected four times from beyond the 3-point arc.
· Boyd is averaging 19.3 points, 4.0 assists and 3.6 rebounds per contest. He ranks 11th nationally in total points (251), 20th in field goals (82), 29th in 3-pointers (36) and 61st in made free throws (51). He ranks second in the WAC in scoring (19.3) and third in free throw percentage (85.0) and 3-pointers (36).
· The Roos rank eighth nationally in 3-pointers (128), 23rd in 3-pointers per game (9.8), 38th in 3-point field goal percentage (39.8) and 39th in steals (89).
· UMKC shot 63. 2 percent (12-for-19) from 3-point range in the Nov. 28 win over SEMO, marking the highest single-game 3-point shooting percentage for the Roos since Feb. 9, 2012 vs. North Dakota State in a 72-61 victory.
· By shooting 39.8 percent (128-for-322) from beyond the arc, UMKC has recorded its second-highest single-season 3-point shooting line to date. The high is a 41.5 percent (148-for-357) mark by the 1991-92 squad that finished 20-8 and defeated Texas A&M (twice), Baylor and Creighton.
· The Roos set a season-high with 18 assists in the Nov. 28 victory over SEMO. Those 18 dimes came on 25 made field goals.
· UMKC recorded a positive assist-to-turnover ratio in each of the last three victories over Southeast Missouri, South Dakota and William Jewell.
· The Roos went 2-1 at the Bill Frack Tournament Nov. 19-21 hosted by Bowling Green, including a thrilling 71-69, last-minute victory over the host Falcons on Nov. 19 and an 85-74 victory over perennial mid-major powerhouse Murray State on Nov. 20.
· Boyd averages 15.7 points, 3.5 rebounds and 2.8 assists in 44 career games (43 starts). He has drained a team-high 117 triples in that span. He has scored 20-plus points 13 times and has reached double figures in scoring in 36 games throughout his two-year career in Kansas City.
UMKC will take an 8-day break from game action over the holidays. The Roos return to play at Mississippi State on Dec. 29 in Starkville.
– UMKC –