KANSAS CITY, Mo. – UMKC men’s basketball (7-4) hosts Omaha (5-5) for a 6:35 p.m. CT tipoff on Thursday evening at Municipal Auditorium. The game will be televised by KSMO-TV in the Kansas City area. Neil Harwell (play-by-play) and Joel Goldberg (analyst) will have the call.
All-Time Series: 2-4
In Kansas City: 2-1
In Omaha: 0-3
Neutral Site: N/A
Last Meeting: Omaha 95, UMKC 89 (OT), Nov. 17, 2015, Baxter Arena, Omaha, Neb.
Radio: ESPN KC 99.3 FM
Live Stream: WAC Digital Network
Live Stats: UMKCstats.com
Social Media: @UMKCmbb
· UMKC is 7-4 overall and coming off of a 93-71 victory over William Jewell on Kansas City Day at Municipal Auditorium on Saturday afternoon. The Roos improved to 5-0 at home in downtown Kansas City on the season. UMKC wore specially-designed Kansas City-themed Charlie Hustle jerseys.
· Five UMKC players scored in double figures in the victory, led by 21 points from LaVell Boyd. He also added six assists and six rebounds.
· Boyd is averaging 19.1 points, 3.9 assists and 3.5 rebounds per contest. He ranks 31st nationally in total points (210) and 36th in the country in 3-pointers (31). He ranks second in the WAC in scoring (19.1), third in free throw percentage (87.8) and 3-pointers (31) and is tied for third in assists (3.9).
· The Roos rank 11th nationally in 3-point field goal percentage (41.7) and 17th in 3-pointers per game (10.1). They drained a season-high 13 treys at South Dakota State on Dec. 3.
· UMKC shot 63. 2 percent (12-for-19) from 3-point range in the Nov. 28 win over SEMO, marking the highest single-game 3-point shooting percentage for the Roos since Feb. 9, 2012 vs. North Dakota State in a 72-61 victory.
· By shooting 41.7 percent (111-for-266) from beyond the arc, UMKC has recorded its highest single-season 3-point shooting line to date. The previous high is 41.5 percent (148-for-357) mark by the 1991-92 squad that finished 20-8 and defeated Texas A&M (twice), Baylor and Creighton.
· The Roos set a season-high with 18 assists in the Nov. 28 victory over SEMO. Those 18 dimes came on 25 made field goals.
· UMKC recorded a positive assist-to-turnover ratio in each of the last three victories over Southeast Missouri, South Dakota and William Jewell.
· The Roos went 2-1 at the Bill Frack Tournament Nov. 19-21 hosted by Bowling Green, including a thrilling 71-69, last-minute victory over the host Falcons on Nov. 19 and an 85-74 victory over perennial mid-major powerhouse Murray State on Nov. 20.
· Boyd averages 15.4 points, 3.4 rebounds and 2.8 assists in 42 career games (41 starts). He has drained a team-high 112 triples in that span. He has scored 20-plus points 12 times and has reached double figures in scoring in 34 games.
UMKC travels to West Virginia for a 1 p.m. CT tipoff in Morgantown on Saturday. The game will be televised by Root Sports regionally on the east coast.
– UMKC –