KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Kansas City Volleyball and Head Coach Christi Posey have released the 2019 schedule featuring a home date with the University of Kansas and a home tournament to kick-off the season and a preseason tournament at Missouri.
“High expectations are in place for our TEAM from within the TEAM,” Posey said. “Our veteran players and returning core group feel very positive about the upcoming season and the opportunity before us. A solid spring and the addition of several talented freshmen and newcomers have us poised to compete from the start. Our pre-conference schedule will prepare us well for the rigors of what we expect to be a highly contested race for the WAC Championship.”
Kansas City opens the 2019 campaign by hosting Big 12 opponent the University of Kansas on Friday, Aug. 30 at 7 p.m. from Swinney Center. The following weekend, the Roos will host the Kangaroo Classic on Sep. 6-7 featuring Tulsa, South Dakota and Louisiana Tech.
The Roos will then head to tournaments at Missouri in Columbia, Mo., on Sep. 13-14 and South Dakota State in Brookings, S.D., on Sep. 20-21, before Western Athletic Conference play kicks-off.
The 16-game home-and-home WAC schedule opens on Sep. 26 when CSU Bakersfield comes to Kansas City, while the Roos will close at defending WAC Tournament Champion New Mexico State on Nov. 16.
The six-team WAC Tournament will take place on Nov. 21-23 in Orem, Utah, with the winner securing a spot in the NCAA Tournament.
Season tickets are on sale now, starting at only $50 for all home matches or $25 when fans purchase four or more tickets. Purchase today for a chance to win UMKC gear. Tickets are available for purchase by calling 844-UMKC-FAN.
- This will be the 33rd season for Kansas City Volleyball with the Roos holding an all-time record of 353-603 (.369)
- The Roos enter their seventh season as a member of the Western Athletic conference, amassing a 52-36 (.591) all-time record in the WAC.
- Head Coach Christi Posey enters her ninth season at the helm of the Roos as the all-time winningest coach in school history with a mark of 128-106 (.547) and 2014 and 2018 WAC Coach of the Year honors on her resume.
- The 2019 slate features 2018 NCAA Tournament teams Missouri, South Dakota and New Mexico State.
- Kansas City returns Ty Lukes, Alicia Harrington and Melanie Brecka as all-conference honorees.
- All home matches will be played at the Swinney Center on the UMKC campus.
– UMKC –