KANSAS CITY, Mo. – The UMKC women’s tennis team (5-11) came back after a slow start to knock off Drake, 4-3, on Sunday afternoon.
Attempting to salvage the home stand and come away with a crucial win in non-conference play, the Roos rallied back after losing the doubles point with three victories in singles play and a forfeit in the No. 6 spot.
Sitting tied 3-3 at the end of the match, the Roos would knock off the Bulldogs with the forfeit of the No. 6 spot.
Dassy earned her first win of the season in the No. 5 spot with a score of 6-3, 6-3.
The Roos have now improved to 4-1 at home in 2019.
Up Next: The Roos will head up north to Chicago, Ill., to face off with UTRGV on Apr. 5th at 11 a.m. CT
Order of Finish: 1, 2
Order of Finish: 2, 5, 1, 4, 3
1. Katie Fries (UMKC) def. Liza Petushkova (DU) 7-5, 6-2
2. Riddhi Sharma (UMKC) def. Carmen Palumbo (DU) 6-3, 4-0, retired
3. Daria Walczak (DU) def. Grace Ball (UMKC) 6-4, 3-6, 10-4
4. Sophia Haleas (DU) def. Thanushree Vale (UMKC) 6-3, 7-5
5. Thea Dassy (UMKC) def. Megan Webb (DU) 6-3, 6-3
6. UMKC wins by forfeit in the No. 6 spot
– UMKC –