NEBRASKA CITY, Ne. – The UMKC women’s golf team finished fifth place in their 2018 season opening tournament at the UNO Invitational this past weekend.
Paced by a final-round 75 (+3) from senior Cynthia Diaz, the Roos closed the UNO Invitational with a 309 team total score and a 946 54-hole total score at Arbor Links Golf Club.
In UMKC’s first event of the season featuring a fellow WAC opponent as well as the Summit League and Missouri Valley Conference, the Roos opened the two-day event with a 322 score in the morning of Friday, Aug. 31st. Due to a rain delay, the Roos did not finish their second round that day, and were forced to finish the following morning before round three began. That second round was paced by freshman player Theresa de Bochdanovits, who finished her round with a 77 (+5) score.
The team showed improvement during the second round by firing a score of 315 and after wrapping up the 36-hole day, the team began the third and final round of play on Saturday, Sept. 1st.
The highlight from the Roos third round came from the team’s individual competitor and sophomore Caroline Klemp. Klemp, a Lansing, Kansas native, shot a final round of 74 (+2), making this her career best round to date.
After finishing up the weekend in Nebraska, the Roos head south to play in the MSU-Payne Stewart Memorial on Monday, Sept. 10th through Tuesday, Sept. 11th in Springfield, Mo.
Final Team Standings
- South Dakota State 298-297-297 = 892 (+28)
- South Dakota 317-308-298 = 920
- North Dakota State 323-303-299 = 925
- Northern Iowa 311-315-307 = 933
- UMKC 322-315-309 = 946
- North Dakota 312-326-309 =947
- Creighton 323-324-317 = 964
- Omaha 325-333-319 = 977
- CSU-Bakersfield 336-327-322 = 985
- Teresa Toscano, South Dakota State 73-72-71 = 216 (Even Par)
- Sydney Borman, South Dakota State 74-73-75 = 222
- Emma Groom, North Dakota State 70-76-78 = 224
- Mia Seeman, South Dakota State 76-75-75 = 226
- Macey Mills, South Dakota State 77-75-75 = 227
- Lexi Petersen, South Dakota 81-75-73 = 229
Jennifer Vincent, CSU-Bakersfield 77-75-75 = 229
- KENNI HENSON, UMKC 76-79-77 = 232
Laerke Jensen, South Dakota State 75-83-74 = 232
Jenna Janu, North Dakota 82-78-72 = 232
Lexi Geolat, North Dakota State 85-73-74 = 232
T12. Cynthia Diaz 79-79-75 = 233
- Theresa de Bochdanovits 80-77-78 = 235
T20. Megan Lucas 80-79-77 = 236
T30. *Caroline Klemp 79-88-74 = 241
T33. Victoria Pavlik 83-80-80 = 243
*Denotes a player playing as an individual
- UMKC -