UMKC Winter Softball Camps
A new style of interactive camp! The UMKC softball program wants to build our camps around the athletes participating while keeping our costs low and funneling as much helpful information to the athletes and parents.
When: Saturday, December 10th - 9 a.m.-3 p.m. (Check-in: 8 a.m.-9 a.m.)
Sunday, January 8th - 12 p.m.-6 p.m. (Check-in: 11 a.m. - 12 p.m.)
Cost: $75 - 1 Day
$125 - 2 Days
How to design your own experience:
First decide what position(s) you want to concentrate on. There will be three groups: (1) Infielders (2) Outfielders and Defensive Catchers* (3) Live Catchers^ and Pitchers˜
*-Catchers in this group will focus only on the defensive aspects of catching: throwing, blocking, fielding bunts, field management, and receiving.
^- Catchers in this group will catch live. There will be instruction on catching but not as much interactive time.
˜- Pitchers must provide their own catcher; they do not have to pay if only participating to catch. (Example: Dad may catch on a bucket for no charge)
The first day of the camp will offer an immense amount of instruction in your one position. If you decide to attend the second day of camp, we will work on refining your skills at the position. All positions will also feature a hitting segment.
- Pitchers and catchers can attend the first day in the live instruction session then on the second day, pitchers can choose a different position while catchers can work in the defensive segment.
- If you play multiple infield positions; choose one each day. We will work with infielders together but also emphasize the differences between middle and corner infielders.
- If you choose to do the same position both days, great- the second day will be more intense and focus on refining your skills.
A note to pitchers:
We would like to use these mini-camps to evaluate and give constructive instruction on how to get better over a period of time. We will not be able to teach a pitcher how to throw new pitches, but rather give all ages and skill levels drills and instructions that will help further their progress as a pitcher. Please fill-out the pitchers comment box; let us know what you would like out of the camp and we will do our best to design a camp around you!
What you can receive at a camp designed for you:
- Instruction and drills designed for your area of play based on your talent level.
- An evaluation and tips to help you improve your play.
- Agility, conditioning, and nutrition information.
- Mental training suggestions.
- Optional recruiting talk after both sessions that answer all your questions on how to get your daughter on a collegiate softball team.
- Incredible recruiting opportunity for athletes interested in attending UMKC.
Don't just be another number in a big college camp.
Fill out your application online: No payment due until the day of the camp. Cash, credit, or check accepted. Walk-ups are accepted.
Make sure to provide us with comments on what you are looking for. The earlier the application is turned in, the better we can plan on how to best help you. E-mail questions to Head Softball Coach, Meredith Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to wear: T-Shirts, shorts, turf or tennis shoes
What to bring: Softball equipment; everything you would bring to a game.
Water coolers will be provided along with cups, in order to keep our costs down. You may bring your own water bottle. Concessions will not be available.
Group discounts will be given for eight (8) or more athletes. Please contaxt Meredith Smith at (816) 235-5837 for more details.
Click Here to sign-up for the UMKC Softball Winter Camps