UMKC Spirit Squads
For information relating to the dance team, contact Michele Talley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information about the cheerleading squad, contact Dawn Todd at Dawnr.email@example.com Dance Team Tryout Information:
Auditions for the 2015-16 UMKC Dance Team will take place on May 5th in Swinney Recreation Center. The audition material will be taught starting at 10am. Please see the below detailed related to timing and what will be judged at auditions.
- 10:00-12:00 pm - Audition routine is taught to all individuals auditioning.
- 12:00-3:00 pm - Dancers will be judged in groups of three. The evaluation will include the taught routine which includes jazz, pom and hip hop styles of dance as well as technical skills. Skills include fouettes to second, toe touch, leap to second, pitch, and a minimum triple pirouette. Dancers will also be asked to do 3 skills of their own selection and these can include aerials, turn/leap combinations, jumps, and demonstration of flexibility (holds, turns, etc). Dancers auditioning are not required to bring any of their own material except skills they are planning to do which will count the same as the required skills. Attire should include a sports bra or top, jazz pants or booty shorts and shoes of your choice.
For more information, please contact Michele Morgan at 816-876-5229 or firstname.lastname@example.org
2015-16 UMKC Cheer Tryouts:
Sunday, April 26th
- Registration will begin at 11:00am and tryouts will run from 11:30am-4:00pm.
- Location: UMKC Student Union
- Attire: Men- black athletic shorts, white t-shirt and athletic or cheer shoes
- Women-black shorts, white t-shirt or appropriate black and white sports bra and athletic or cheer shoes
- All Girl
- Straight up extension
- Ground up Lib
- Full down from an extended stunt
- Toss/ Walk in Hands
- Toss/Walk in Hands to extended position (extension, lib, arabesque,etc)
- Full down
Video submissions will be accepted for out of state students who will be unable to attend try-outs. All submissions must be received prior to April 26th. Entries must include the following elements:
- Position of interest
- Interview question response (please email Coach Dawn Todd for question)
- required (2)
- optional (1)
- Fight song or 8 eight count dance with repeat for a 16 eight count total
Please note that full acceptance on the squad will only be given to video submissions after applicants skills are demonstrated in person. Applicants are strongly encouraged to attend tryouts as it is the only way to guarantee a spot on the squad.
All footage must be current, no additional persons are allowed in the video except for those necessary for stunts. Stunts should be shown from beginning of build to the end of dismount.
All video entries must be received prior to April 26th and can be addressed to:
Dawn R. Todd
UMKC Cheerleading Coach
5100 Rockhill Road, SRC 201
Kansas City, MO 64110
For information about the cheerleading squad, contact Dawn Todd at Dawnr.email@example.com.