KANSAS CITY, Mo. – The UMKC men’s tennis team (9-11) ended the 2019 regular season on a hot streak with the victory over Saint Louis, 7-0, on Friday afternoon. Anil Patel, Ben Stride and Hunter Clark played in their last home match for UMKC as seniors.
Coming a stellar weekend in Seattle, Wash., last week, the Roos continued to scorch their opponents with the victory over the Billikens at the Plaza Tennis Center.
Diego Giraldo and Stride delivered another victory in doubles play while holding their ground during singles competition to help UMKC to three of its seven points.
Patel and Clark would fall in doubles play but would bounce back in singles play to outlast their opponents in the No. 4 and 6 spots with scores of 6-4, 6-2 and 6-1, 6-0.
The Roos now head into the WAC Tournament riding a three-game winning streak with a ton of momentum.
Up Next: The Roos head to the WAC Tournament to face off with Seattle U in the first round on Friday, Apr. 26th at 1 p.m. CT in Brownsville, Texas
Order of Finish: 2, 3, 1
2. Oscar Pachon/Ignacio Tintore (SLU-M) def. Hunter Clark/Anil Patel (UMKC) 6-1
Order of Finish: 5, 6, 1, 3, 4, 2
1. Diego Giraldo (UMKC) def. Justin Nogalski (SLU-M) 6-0, 6-3
2. Ben Stride (UMKC) def. Oscar Pachon (SLU-M) 7-5, 6-2
3. Tom Kruse (UMKC) def. Kenji Yanaba (SLU-M) 6-1, 6-1
4. Hunter Clark (UMKC) def. Pavel Badaiants (SLU-M) 6-4, 6-2
5. Neil O'Connor (UMKC) def. Ignacio Tintore (SLU-M) 6-1, 6-1
6. Anil Patel (UMKC) def. John Paul McKenzie (SLU-M) 6-1, 6-0
– UMKC –