CHICAGO, Ill. – The UMKC women’s tennis team (7-11) continued its strong play on the week with a convincing win against Seattle U, 6-1, in Chicago, Ill.
Looking to climb back into the upper echelon of the WAC standings, the Roos completed their second victory in as many days with strong play in singles competition once again.
In a similar scenario to the win over UTRGV yesterday, UMKC grinded through a tough outing in doubles play as Seattle U took home the point heading into the individual rounds.
It was then a complete takeover of the match as the Roos won all of their singles match-ups from the No. 1-6 spots.
After losing in the No. 1 spot yesterday, Michela Xibilia bounced back to claim the last point in the morning match with a three set victory of 1-6, 6-0, 6-2.
Katie Fries has now improved to a 9-8 record in singles play for 2019 with her win in the No. 2 hole, improving above .500 for the first time all season.
Up Next: The Roos will finish up their weekend with a match-up against host Chicago State on Sunday, Apr. 7th at 8 a.m.
Order of Finish: 3, 1, 2
Order of Finish: 2, 5, 1, 4, 3
1. Michela Xibilia (UMKC) def. Gianan, Hannah (SU) 1-6, 6-0, 6-2
2. Katie Fries (UMKC) def. Jung, Kyra (SU) 6-4, 6-3
3. Yana Grechkina (UMKC) def. Sabotic, Alisa (SU) 6-2, 6-1
4. Riddhi Sharma (UMKC) def. Sanabria, Aranza (SU) 6-4, 6-0
5. Grace Ball (UMKC) def. McCollister, Kali (SU) 6-4, 6-1
6. Thanushree Vale (UMKC) def. Kreutzer, Lily-Ana (SU) 7-5, 6-4
– UMKC –