KANSAS CITY, Mo. – The UMKC women’s tennis team (4-10) regained form and took down Creighton on Tuesday afternoon with a score of 5-2 at the Plaza Tennis Center.
Coming off an two game losing streak in conference play, the Roos got back into the win column with a strong showing in singles play after falling short in doubles play.
Starting down 1-0 in singles play, UMKC would pull off five straight victories to claim the match. Michela Xibilia and Yana Grechkina would clinch the first two matchups for the Roos and then would be followed by Grace Ball, Katie Fries and Riddhi Sharma to finish off the Bluejays in the opening match for outdoor play.
The Roos have now improved to 3-0 at home on the year.
Up Next: The Roos remain at home and will face off with Wichita State on Saturday, Mar. 30 at 10 a.m. CT
Order of Finish: 1, 3
Order of Finish: 1, 3, 5, 2, 4, 6
1. Michela Xibilia (UMKC) def. Ashley Ishimura (CU) 6-1, 6-2
2. Katie Fries (UMKC) def. Sarah Wilcox (CU) 6-2, 7-5
3. Yana Grechkina (UMKC) def. Michaela Henne (CU) 6-1, 6-3
4. Riddhi Sharma (UMKC) def. Erin Epperson (CU) 7-6, 6-3
5. Grace Ball (UMKC) def. Claire Embree (CU) 6-2, 6-2
6. Gabby O'Connor (CU) def. Thanushree Vale (UMKC) 6-4, 7-6
– UMKC –