WICHITA, Kan. – The UMKC men’s tennis team (4-8) was defeated by Wichita State, 4-0, on Sunday afternoon at the Genesis Health Club.
After falling to Oklahoma State on Friday, the Roos were looking to bounce back to form against American Athletic Conference foe Wichita State. The Shockers came out of the gates strong from the first serve and never looked back as Wichita State would sweep the Roos.
Moving into singles play, the Roos were unable to make up any ground after the doubles match-ups and would fall in No. 6, 4 and 5 spots to close out the match. The Roos have now fallen four games under .500, which is one game under from their 2018 record of 5-7 through their first 12 games of the season.
The team has two more matches before heading into conference play on Mar. 29th against Grand Canyon.
Up Next: UMKC head up north to face off with Northwest Missouri State on Wednesday, March 20th at 2:00 p.m. CT.
Order of Finish: 1, 3
3. Eddie Stoica/Orel Ovil (WSU) def. Hunter Clark/Anil Patel (UMKC) 6-4
Order of Finish: 6, 4, 5
1. Murkel Dellien (WSU) vs. Tom Kruse (UMKC) 6-4, 1-3, unfinished
2. Haru Inoue (WSU) vs. Diego Giraldo (UMKC) 6-6, unfinished
3. Marius Frosa (WSU) vs. Ben Stride (UMKC) 6-4, 2-3, unfinished
4. Eddie Stoica (WSU) def. Neil O'Connor (UMKC) 6-0, 6-4
5. Stefan Latinovic (WSU) def. Hunter Clark (UMKC) 6-4, 6-0
6. Orel Ovil (WSU) def. Anil Patel (UMKC) 6-0, 6-0
– UMKC –