NORMAN, Okla. – The UMKC women’s tennis team (3-7) would fall to its second consecutive power five opponent against Oklahoma, 4-1, on Sunday afternoon.
After playing in Manhattan, Kan., against Kansas State on Saturday, the Roos would get a second opportunity to take down a Big 12 foe on Sunday evening. However, Oklahoma would hand UMKC its second loss of the weekend.
The Sooners would come out in doubles play ready to go as the No. 1 and 2 spots won 6-1 in their sets.
Moving into singles play, UMKC would fall in its first two match-ups, making the score 3-0 Oklahoma. In the No. 6 spot, Thanushree Vale would come up huge for UMKC with a decisive victory to keep the Roos from being shut out in Norman, Okla., with a score of 6-3 and 6-4.
UMKC would fall in the next singles match-up however, losing to Oklahoma 4-1.
Up Next: UMKC will return back home before heading east to face off with in-state rival Missouri on Sunday, Mar. 10th at 5 p.m. CT.
Order of Finish: 1, 3
Order of Finish: 2, 1
1. #60 Oleksandra Korashvil (OU) def. Michela Xibilia (UMKC) 6-2, 6-1
2. Martina Capurro (OU) def. Katie Fries (UMKC) 6-0, 6-3
3. Camila Romero (OU) def. Yana Grechkina (UMKC) 7-6 (7-3), 6-2
4. Ivana Corley (OU) vs. Riddhi Sharma (UMKC) 6-2, 6-7 (5-7), unfinished
5. Skyler Miller (OU) vs. Grace Ball (UMKC) 4-6, 6-2, 1-1, unfinished
6. Thanushree Vale (UMKC) def. Nina Jabrzemski (OU) 6-3, 6-4
– UMKC –