MANHATTAN, Kan. – The UMKC women’s tennis team (3-6) could not keep up with #37 Kansas State, losing at a score of 4-0 in Manhattan, Kan.
It was a swift match for Kansas State as UMKC could not obtain the doubles point and then would lose the first three match-ups in singles play.
The Roos would lose both sets in doubles play at a score of 6-2. Heading into singles play, Katie Fries attempted to hold the Wildcats from completing the sweep on Saturday afternoon in the No. 2 spot but would eventually fall in back-to-back sets at 6-1 and 6-3.
Looking for its first power five win of the season, UMKC could not keep up with the 37th ranked team in the country.
"We didn't have it today," stated junior player Yana Grechkina. "They were a good team but we can use this to help us prepare for conference."
Up Next: UMKC will continues its road trip to Norman, Okla., to face with Oklahoma on Sunday, March 3rd at 4 p.m. CT.
Order of Finish: 1, 3
Order of Finish: 2, 1
1. Maria Linares (KSU) def. Michela Xibilia (UMKC) 6-1, 6-1
2. Karine-Marion Job (KSU) def. Katie Fries (UMKC) 6-1, 6-3
3. Anna Turco (KSU) def. Yana Grechkina (UMKC) 6-2, 6-3
4. Riddhi Sharma (UMKC) vs. Ines Mesquita (KSU) no result
5. Grace Ball (UMKC) vs. Maria Ponomareva (KSU) no result
6. Thanushree Vale (UMKC) vs. Ioana Gheorghita (KSU) no result
– UMKC –