KANSAS CITY, Mo. – The UMKC men’s tennis team (3-5) defeated Lindenwood, 7-0, on Friday afternoon at the Clayview Country Club.
Receiving the doubles point after playing into the third set, UMKC would clinch each of its six singles match-ups in convincing fashion.
Anil Patel and Hunter Clark had to battle back in the third set of doubles play and pulled off the victory and the point for UMKC at 7-6.
Ben Stride would overcome a difficult start to help UMKC sweep the match with his 7-5, 6-3 victory in the No. 3 spot.
After coming off a two-game losing streak, the Roos will look forward to next week where the team hosts two home matches.
Up Next: UMKC will remain at home and face off with Nebraska-Omaha on Friday, March 8th at 5 p.m. CT.
Order of Finish: 1, 2, 3
2. Anil Patel/Hunter Clark (UMKC) def. Horcajada,Hector/Orr,Logan (LWU) 7-6
Order of Finish:
1. Tom Kruse (UMKC) def. Butaeye,Theo (LWU) 6-0, 6-2
2. Diego Giraldo (UMKC) def. Horcajada,Hector (LWU) 6-2, 6-2
3. Ben Stride (UMKC) def. Gaspari,Michele (LWU) 7-5, 6-3
4. Neil O'Connor (UMKC) def. Ghenea,Tudor (LWU) 6-0, 6-1
5. Hunter Clark (UMKC) def. Orr,Logan (LWU) 6-0, 6-4
6. Anil Patel (UMKC) def. Albin,Juan (LWU) 6-2, 6-2
– UMKC –