BAKERSFIELD, Calif. – UMKC men’s basketball (15-13, 7-4) carries its longest winning streak in 12 years to WAC-leading CSU Bakersfield (19-7, 10-1) Thursday night. Tipoff is scheduled for 9 p.m. CT at the Icardo Center in a matchup that will be streamed on the WAC Digital Network.
The Roos have won five straight, including four consecutive WAC contests for the first time since joining the conference.
All-Time Series: 2-5
In Bakersfield: 1-2
In Kansas City: 1-3
Neutral Site: 0-0
Live Stream: WAC Digital Network
Radio: ESPN KC 99.3 FM
Live Stats: GoRunners.com
Social Media: @UMKCmbb
· UMKC is 15-13 overall and 7-4 during WAC play, surpassing both victory totals from last season.
· The Roos are on a 5-game winning streak for the first time since winning 11 straight from Jan. 3 - Feb. 3, 2005. UMKC has a 19.2-point average victory margin (87.2-68.0) during the run.
· Throughout the winning streak, UMKC is shooting 48 percent from the field and 40 percent from 3-point range. The Roos are averaging 11.8 triples per game during the winning streak.
· UMKC defeated Chicago State 84-65 on Saturday to extend the winning streak. The 45 1st-half points were the most in the first 20 minutes this season.
· UMKC's 30-point, 102-72 victory over Seattle U on Feb. 11 marked the largest margin of victory in a conference game since joining the WAC prior to the 2013-14 season. It also tied the second-largest margin of victory in program history in a conference contest.
· UMKC ranks 34th nationally in 3-pointers (259), 36th in 3-pointers per game (9.3) and 50th in turnovers forced (15.1) per contest.
· UMKC recorded a positive or equal assist-to-turnover ratio in each of the last 10 victories, including a season-best 20-to-8 total vs. Seattle U Feb. 11.
· The Roos set a season-high with 24 assists in the Jan. 31 victory over Ottawa, marking the highest total during the Kareem Richardson era.
· The Roos are averaging 77.5 points per game, which is the fifth-best mark in program history and the highest scoring average since 1992-93. The 1990-91 team, led by 19.3 points per game by UMKC Hall of Famer Ronnie Schmitz, posted the best mark in school history with 81.1 points per game.
· LaVell Boyd averages 15.9 points, 3.7 rebounds and 2.9 assists in 59 career games (58 starts). He has drained 148 triples in that span, which ranks eighth in program history. He has scored 20-plus points 16 times and has reached double figures in scoring in 50 games during his 2-year career.
· Kyle Steward has scored 19-plus points in each of the last five games. He is averaging 19.8 points and 8.8 rebounds during the current winning streak. Over the last 10 games, Steward is averaging 16.3 points and 7.1 rebounds, dating back to a career-high 21 points at Seattle U on Jan. 12.
UMKC continues the road trip with an 8 p.m. CT tip at Grand Canyon Saturday night on KSMO-TV. The Roos will then have a week off before the regular season finale at Chicago State on March 4.
– UMKC –