KANSAS CITY, Mo. – UMKC men’s basketball (7-8) returns home to face USC Upstate (9-7) at 6:35 p.m. CT on Monday at Municipal Auditorium in downtown Kansas City. The game will be part of the Military Monday promotion where active service members and veterans are eligible for a free ticket with the purchase of another. The Roos will wear specially-designed camouflage uniforms.
All-Time Series: USC Upstate leads 2-0
In Kansas City: 0-1
In Spartanburg: 0-1
Neutral Site: 0-0
Live Stream: Roos TV
Radio: ESPN KC 99.3 FM
Live Stats: UMKCstats.com
Social Media: @UMKCmbb
· UMKC is 7-8 overall and is coming off of a 77-54 loss at Mississippi State on Thursday in Starkville.
· Boyd is averaging 19.8 points, 3.6 rebounds and 3.5 assists per contest. He ranks 22nd nationally in total points (297), 23rd in 3-pointers (45), 42nd in 3-pointers per game (3.0), 51st in 3-point field goal percentage (42.1), 52nd in points per game (19.8) and field goals (94) and 67th in made free throws (64).
· Boyd was named WAC Player of the Week last week following a career-high 32-point performance vs. UT Martin on Dec. 20. He has scored in double figures in 14 straight games and has registered at least 17 points in 12 of those contests.
· The Roos rank 17th nationally in 3-pointers (142) and 31st in the country in 3-pointers per game (9.5). UMKC ranks 21st in shots attempted (382) from beyond the arc.
· UMKC recorded a positive assist-to-turnover ratio in each of the last three victories over Southeast Missouri, South Dakota and William Jewell.
· The Roos set a season-high with 18 assists in the Nov. 28 victory over SEMO. Those 18 dimes came on 25 made field goals.
· UMKC went 2-1 at the Bill Frack Tournament Nov. 19-21 hosted by Bowling Green, including a thrilling 71-69, final seconds victory over the host Falcons on Nov. 19 and an 85-74 triumph over perennial mid-major powerhouse Murray State on Nov. 20.
· The Roos are averaging 75.7 points per game, which is the fifth-best mark in program history and the highest scoring average since 1992-93. The 1990-91 team, led by 19.3 points per game by UMKC Hall of Famer Ronnie Schmitz, posted the best mark in school history with 81.1 points per game.
· Boyd averages 16.0 points, 3.5 rebounds and 2.7 assists in 46 career games (45 starts). He has drained a team-high 126 triples in that span. He has scored 20-plus points 14 times and has reached double figures in scoring in 38 games throughout his 2-year career in Kansas City.
UMKC begins Western Athletic Conference play at home on Thursday vs. New Mexico State at 6:05 p.m. The contest will be televised by American Sports Network nationally and on KSMO-TV in the Kansas City viewing region. On Thursday, the Roos will host UT Rio Grande Valley at 7:05 p.m.
– UMKC –