UMKC Dance Team
The University of Missouri Kansas City (UMKC) invites interested applicants for the position of Head Coach. Duties for position include administration and recruiting in all aspects of the UMKC Athletics dance programs. Good character & communication skills, self-motivation, budget management and leadership skills are essential. Bachelor’s degree required. The position is a contract position and is not benefit eligible.
Interested candidates please send resume to Jessica Dickson, Associate Athletics Director for Community Relations & Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complete oversight and responsibilities of the following:
- Monitor and stay within the parameters of the dance budget. All purchases will be approved for the sports administrator for the dance program.
- Recruit and retain members of the dance team with the strategic direction of athletics administration
- Ensure participants are dedicated to their academics and meet University standards for academic success
- Coordinate practices, conditioning, participation and performances at all home men’s and women’s basketball games, athletic events, community events and other events as requested by athletics department
- Choreograph, teach and practice various routines on a daily basis to prepare for games and performances. Instruct team members in the proper techniques for fundamentals of dance
- Coordinate all travel arrangements for the program
- Cooperate and communicate regularly with the Training Staff.
- This position must be able to work weekends, evenings and possible holidays with travel to away athletic events when needed
- Complete all necessary and required training programs for the University of Missouri System. Perform responsibilities of a Campus Security Authority (CSA) and attend annual training.
- Manager the social media dance teams.
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner and display good sportsmanship at all times.
- Be a positive role model for squad members and monitor discipline procedures with the leadership of the sports administrator
- Attend Athletic Department meetings.
- Be loyal and supportive of the Staff, Faculty and Administration.
- All Other duties as assigned.